4 minutes on foot from the hotel: the Anneessens Tower


The Anneessens Tower, also called « Angle Tower » is one of the best preserved vestiges from the first secure enclosure of Brussels (11th-13th century). It was named in honor of François Anneessens, dean of « Four Crowned Martyrs », corporation bringing sculptors, stone cravers, masons, slate roofers and chair-makers together. Rebelling against the Austrian government, Anneessens was probably locked away in this tower before being beheaded in 1719. Boulevard de l'Empereur 1000 Bruxelles

Quick Response Code